Job TitleBuyer Posted: 12/04/2019
LocationHuntington Beach, CA 92647
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Supply Chain
Location: BJ’s Restaurants, Inc. Restaurant Support Center in Huntington Beach, CA
Status: Full Time / Exempt
Contribute to growth and profitability of BJ’s Restaurants, Inc. (BJ’s) by employing purchasing, distribution, and inventory management strategies and procedures associated with the procurement of product(s) for BJ’s.
Measurements of Success:
- BJ’s food cost goals
- BJ’s controllable supply cost goals
- Supplier KPIs
- Effective and professional communication with customers/partners
- Source and procure assigned categories possibly including center-of-the plate proteins, dairy products, soups, sauces, dressings, pasta, bakery, general groceries and non-food supplies
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly audits of vendor- and distributor-level inventories related to promotions, rollouts, and daily usage
- Responsible for tracking product testing and roll-out for new menu items
- Conduct pricing and product specification compliance audits
- Maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for BJ’s various distribution and supplier networks
- Prepare information for and participate in RFP and eRFP process
- Implements Quality Assurance Protocols and maintains pertinent Quality Assurance files for all suppliers
- Effective management and use of Supply Chain reporting systems
- Seek cost savings opportunities with Supply Chain and Culinary teams
- Negotiate purchase price for all assigned items
- Maintain vendor contract database and approved vendor files
- Apply consistent procurement processes within constituent groups served
- Build and establish strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Works as a member of a cross functional team, on a wide variety of projects across the organization
- Inventory levels and stock-outs vs. targeted KPI’s
- Cost savings as % of spend
- Timelines and KPI’s associated with new menu and new product rollouts
- Demonstrate Openness and Respect for Others
- Develop Self and Others
- Ability to Think Critically
- Maintain and Build Strong Relationships
- Influence Decisions and Actions
- Think Strategically and Creatively
- Drive for Change
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Decision Making – demonstrate ability to make sound, professionally-based decisions
- Organization - demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs and manage projects effectively
- Negotiation - understand terms and conditions, licensing, regulatory requirements, and analysis cost-benefits of vendor agreements. Work with suppliers of these agreements to satisfy the interests of both organizations
- Business Communication – develop and maintain interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Change Management - be an advocate for positive change and improvement within the department and organization by identifying and communication the compelling need for change/ improvement. Conceptualize issues and problems and convey them in business terms to key executives.
- Meeting Management - participate effectively in meetings by accomplishing meeting purposes and outcomes and dealing with differing personal behaviors in information sharing, brainstorming, problem-solving, decision making, and action planning settings
- Financial Analysis - use analysis technology, methods, processes, and financial data to evaluate financial cost benefits of sourcing and procurement strategies
- Knowledge of Financial Management - demonstrate knowledge and skill in using such strategy tools as competitor analysis, business/ competitive scenarios, market trends, customer profiles, etc.
- Presentation - demonstrate ability to maximize interest, and establish a rapport with the audience when conveying information. Write effectively, collect and verify data and create presentations from scratch
- High School degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience, in foodservice sourcing and procurement
- Restaurant operations experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- C.P.M. preferred
Salary: Commensurate with experience
There is no relocation assistance provided for this position.
Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. is required. BJ’s Restaurants, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. required.
Equal Opportunity Employer